WINTER SURF TRAINING
Functional training for winter surfing. Stay in shape for winter swells.
Prepare yourself with specific training to enhance your surfing skills
We present the winter surfing season to train and improve surfing from a basic level of improvement.
The objectives of the course are:
- Have fun and maximum safety level, surfing is still a risky sport.
- Improve the physical necessary to overcome the learning stages of each student.
- Improve the speed of response of the different movements necessary for surfing and learn new ones to continue to evolve.
- Knowledge of the materials boards, different styles, neoprene accessories,….
- Reading the sea:
- Analysis of the state of the sea, and weather conditions.
- Criterion selection of surfable waves.
- Promote an improvement in balance.
To do this we propose to make alternating groups of different levels with each teacher
– 3, 2 or 1 class per week of 2 hours each class (Saturday and Sunday mornings or afternoons depending on the weather), this year for seniors midweek surf practices combined with slackline, Carve boarding, stretching, weather talks, surfing materials.
Self-correction video recordings.
Students will have their own personal equipment but teachers may vary the boards to be used whenever they deem it appropriate.
Prepare your surf, stay in shape and enjoy both in and out of the water.
Information and Prices
With fixed schedules from 8h to 14h in the morning and from 16 to 18h in the afternoon on Saturdays and Sundays classes depending on the tides and level of surfers on the beaches of Arriatera-Atxabiribil and Plentzia.
The groups are small groups of different levels and include a maximum of 6 students per teacher taking into account the capacity of the vehicles we have.
For those who want to surf during the week, we will have availability and we will adapt to the student’s schedule.
Until the change of schedule in October Fridays are also days you can choose, we will organize training for students with different destinations depending on their level:
On the beaches of Uribe Kosta the displacement will not have any extra cost, outside Uribe Kosta each displacement will have a cost of 10€ in concept of gasoline and mechanics.
Despite the weather we will always propose complementary activities such as sup, skate, yoga (dome) video analysis, … to improve performance in surf training.
In the case that due to adverse weather conditions the classes cannot be offered, they will be recovered during long weekends, holidays at Christmas, Easter or summer.
Check the training program that best suits you.